Thursday, June 29, 2017

Peace in the Face of Cancer - a book review

Peace in the Face of Cancer by Lynn Eib, is a beautiful little book filled with the promise of hope for those walking through the valley of cancer. I received a review copy from Tyndale House Publishers and was excited to read it. Since I'm a breast cancer survivor, the title intrigued me. I was not disappointed. 

The author, Lynn Eib, begins the book with a quote from one of my favorite authors, Maya Angelou. The quote says "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do it with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." What a great sentiment and oh, how it spoke to me as I am in the process of learning to thrive after a cancer diagnosis. 

As a cancer survivor Ms. Eib takes time to share personal issues in her book. She candidly discusses her thoughts and fears but encourages the reader to rely on faith to combat those fears. She also shares personal stories from her life and includes the stories of others who've experienced cancer. I enjoyed reading all of them and found her book to be uplifting and even humorous at times. 

Peace in the Face of Cancer is an excellent book. It speaks not only to those who are going through or have gone through cancer, but it also makes sure to provide comfort for those who've been given a diagnosis of being incurable. I found Ms. Eib's writing style casual and comfortable. Her book is easy to read and very enjoyable. 

It's my pleasure to give a big thumb's up to Ms. Eib for a job well done on writing this beautiful book. It would be my first recommendation for anyone recently diagnosed with cancer and would be a wonderful reference for those who've already traveled that road. The title of the book is accurate. Ms. Eib did inspire peace in her book by providing biblical truths, heartfelt words, and personal experience. 

I'd like to thank Tyndale House Publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not encouraged to write a positive review but I am happy to provide that on this work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment